2021–2022 Southwestern Youth Music Festival
CSULB Bob Cole Conservatory of Music
July 16–17 and July 23–25, 2022
- The payment/consent form issues has been resolved. (updated 5/17/2022@12:00am)
- There is currently a problem accessing the SYMF student payment/consent forms. We are working on resolving the issue and appreciate your patience. (updated 5/16/2022 @ 7:15pm)
Message from the Executive Director
I hope this email finds everyone healthy, happy, and filled with music in 2022. SYMF is opening up teacher membership for the 2022 year, allowing your students various performance and educational opportunities. Only teachers with a paid 2022 membership may enter students.
- The Young Musicians’ category will be limited to Piano and Strings ONLY and to the Baroque and Early Classical concerto repertoire listed in our Rules & Regulations Booklet.
- These winners will be scheduled to perform with a smaller chamber orchestra. However, SYMF must follow all recommended Covid-19 guidelines, as well as CSULB’s health protocols for the safety of its campus.
- Due to low enrollment, the Latin American Categories have been removed from both Piano OPEN and Piano QUALIFIED categories.
- NEW: Memorization is OPTIONAL for Wind QUALIFIED categories.
- NO WARM-UP ROOMS WILL BE AVAILABLE for the 2022 Summer Festival.
Dates & Deadlines
- May 1: Last day for TEACHERS to pay SYMF Member Dues for 2022 (without a $10 Late Fee)
- May 15: Last day for TEACHERS to pay SYMF Member Dues for 2022 (with a $10 Late Fee)
- May 15: Last day for TEACHERS to enter students for the 2022 Festival (teachers must use the online Student Entry Form) without the $10 late fee PER ENTRY
- The absolute last day to enter students is May 22 (students entered between May 16 and May 22 will incur a late fee of $10 PER ENTRY)
- Entry Fees for all Solo Categories: $60
- Entry Fees for all Ensemble Categories: $30 per performer
- Entry Fees for all Young Musicians Categories (Piano & Strings ONLY in 2022): $80
- If you would like to be featured on SYMF’s website as a sponsor, and be included in all future 2022 SYMF E-Newsletters and the 2022 Summer Festival Program Booklet, please click here.
- Your logo will be prominently displayed.
- 2022 Advertising Fees are $100 (includes website sponsorship, e-newsletter advertisement, and 2022 Summer Festival Program Booklet advertisement).
- Please consider a donation to help SYMF continue offering performing opportunities to young musicians.
- To make a donation, please click here.
SYMF looks forward to 2022, and I hope to see you and all of your students in the summer!
Southwestern Youth Music Festival